Nothing complements a good time than a well-executed barbecue in the presence of family and friends. A good barbecue involves meat, fire, and smoke.
When you combine them well, you end up with the most delicious meal. A Traeger pellet smoker is all you need to help you get everything right when preparing the delicacy.
Traeger is a reputable brand that has been operational for decades, providing some of the best pellet smokers in the market. Traeger was the pioneer in producing smokers.
They continue to lead the market by incorporating high-end artistry and quality models, unlike any other company.
At A Glance: Our Top Electric Traeger Smokers:
Most Traeger smokers come with high-end technology for functionality. They allow connection to the home WIFI and a temperature probe for heat regulation.
Traeger app enables easy food monitoring when grilling. The app also provides several recipes that you can include in your cooking programs for a fun time out.
Spending money on a Traeger smoker is an investment you will live to enjoy for several years.
How a Traeger Smoker Works:
Most Traeger smokers use wood pellets as the source of fuel. Wood pellets are tablet-like compressed sawdust that burns to produce heat. They are exposed to intense heat in a fire pot to emit heat and smoke.
An internal fan distributes the heat around the smoker, such that it gets to the food to make the barbecue.
Extra oxygen present in the chamber is used as fuel over the food, to ensure steady and efficient burn.
The amounts of smoke the pellets produce depend on temperature settings. Lower temperatures tend to create more smoke.
Traeger smoker employs the same method of indirect heating as the ancient grills. The system also comes with drip plate below the cooking surface for containing the dropping fats.
Air and heat are well-regulated, such that you don’t have to check on the food every time, for assured outcome.
The best quality pellets to use are 100% hardwoods that give off great taste. Pellets also come in different flavors, depending on your preference.
1. Traeger Grills TFB88PZBO – Editor’s Choice
Reliability is one of the things you can never forgo in your cooking endeavors. The Pro Series is at hand to provide you the best cooking space.
It comes with a 34”x19” main rack that contains ample space for use. Whether you are roasting, grilling, braising, or smoking, you can always get space for precise cooking.
Weighing 136lbs, this smoker is portable to your area of convenience. The all-terrain wheels and locking casters also ensure that you can use the smoker on a variety of surfaces.
It comes with 2 cooking racks; the main rack can carry up to 24 burgers, while the extra rack handles up to 16 burgers.
The additional rack can hold 8 chickens and 7 ribs. It also comes with a meat probe to check for internal meat temperatures, and a digital pro controller for easy timing and control.
The Pro Series 34 Traeger pellet smoker is a versatile barbecue piece that provides for a variety of cooking techniques. You can opt for the low and soft, or hot and fast depending on the time you have and type of meal. Either way, your food will cook to perfection.
To help ease your way around the set and cooking process, this smoker comes with an assembly tool kit and a cookbook.
- Constructed using powerful steel and a durable powder coat finish for durability.
- It comes with a digital pro controller for precise temperature control.
2. Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Pellet Grill & Smoker – Runner Up
Cooking is an art, and the Pro 22 pellet grill and smoker is the architect of the art. Show off your culinary skills by quickly grilling a perfect brisk in this practical machine. Built using a high-quality steel body, a sawhorse chassis, and a powder-coated finish, this smoker will deliver the best results for an extended period.
The Pro Series 22 comes with a spacious 18lb hopper capacity, which ensures you won’t have to worry about constant pellets refilling.
The Hopper Clean out is easy to open for quick exchange of the pellets; that makes it one of the best Traeger smokers.
The 572square carrying capacity is large enough to accommodate 5 racks of ribs, 24 burgers, or 4 chickens.
You also get to monitor the temperature and state of the cooking food, using the internal probe and the control panel.
The smoker provides for a temperature range of 180 degrees to 425 degrees, which can cook almost any type of food. It can perfectly grill, braise, smoke, or roast your food.
- This Traeger pellet smoker has advanced grilling logic and temperature control due to the digital pro controller. It keeps temperatures between -/+15 degrees for precision grilling.
- Easy to clean and maintain porcelain grill grates.
- The smoker uses 300 watts for the first 4 minutes and 50 watts the rest of the time, which is quite economical.
3. Traeger TFB42LZBC Grills Lil Tex Elite 22 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker – Honorable Mention:
The name of this Traeger pellet smoker is a little misleading; as much as it has the tag “Lil,” it still comes with a grilling area of 418 square. This can comfortably hold 24 hot dogs, 5 racks of ribs, 4 chicken, or 16 buggers.
One of the outstanding features in this smoker is the electronic auto-start ignition. You don’t have to waste time lighting up chimneys, propane grill, or any fire starters.
You will not over or undercook when using the Lil Tex Elite 22. It has an LED display for easy and clear reading of grill temperature. It also maintains the temperature at -/+20 degrees for precise cooking.
The porcelain grill gates of the smoker are fun to cook with, as it gives you time to engage in other fun activities. The smoker comes with a 6-in-1 versatility that allows for smoking and grilling a wide variety of foods.
- The consistency in the Lil Elite 22 is convenient. You don’t have to keep checking on your creations to ensure they don’t burn up.
- It is made with high-quality materials for durability and sturdiness.
Outdoor cooking calls for movement from time to time. You are, therefore, better off with a smoker that is portable and easy to store.
In that case, the 10526 Bronson 20 Pellet Grill is the best option to have. It comes with all-terrain wheels that make it easy to move on any surface.
It has additional sides handle for support when running it through gravel or rocky surfaces. The compact size makes it easy to store.
This smoker is an excellent fit for home-based cooking. It can comfortably accommodate 12 burgers, 3 racks of ribs, or 2 chickens.
The use of original wood-pellets on this smoker ensures you end up with the great taste in any food that you prepare.
The electronic auto-start ignition in the 10526 Bronson is convenient when you start cooking, while the sawhorse chassis comes with a wider-angled stance, and thicker legs for better stability.
With a maximum heat of 450 degrees and reliable smoke settings, this smoker ensures fast and tasty food.
- Measuring 300sq, the smoker is great for a small family.
- Has a hopper capacity of 18 pounds for the economy of fuel.
Are you looking to turn your family dinner into an elaborate barbecue experience? You can always get it right using the Traeger renegade Elite pellet grill.
The 380sq inch grilling area on this smoker can accommodate enough food for the whole family.
Using the grill is convenient due to the presence of a tool caddy rack where you can keep all your tools, and spices for easier reach.
The heavy-duty rack on the grill is also convenient for prepping, testing, and resting the cooks when loading or unloading.
Like the other Traeger grills, the renegade Elite is versatile to allow for the preparation a wide range of meals.
It also has the capacity to either grill or smoke, which makes it convenient to use for different purposes.
The elite digital controller of this smoker keeps temperatures within +/- degrees, which allow you to cook at your desired speed and temperatures. The heat can hit a maximum of 450 degrees.
- This smoker comes with an easy to clean porcelain grill grates that allow you more time to bond with the family.
- The grill is easy to assemble and operate.
The Traeger Grill TFB57CLB is one of the bestselling Traeger grills due to the unique design and impressive features.
The grill eliminates the use of charcoal and gas. Instead, it uses wood-pellets to ensure wood-fire taste. This type of pellet grill comes with a versatility that allows you to cook in different ways.
The 572sq inches of cooking space is big enough to enable you feed a big family. You also don’t have to keep checking the food from time to time.
This is due to the presence of the dual meat temperature probes and elite controller rocks for advanced grilling.
The grill also comes with a warming drawer or rack that allows for more cooking space.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- It is made from heavy-duty materials for durability and sturdiness.
- The dual temperature probe and warming drawers help to keep the food warm until your serving time.
- It comes with a storage shelf for convenience when cooking.
If you are looking forward to the best electric smoker by this renowned Traeger company that proves to provide you with the best portability and allow you to take your smoker along with you with ease, and then this could be your viable pick.
This electric smoker came with a compact size which doesn’t occupy a lot of users’ personal space, which makes it easier to move along from one place to another.
What counts as the best feature of this electric smoker is that this product features a baffled lid design that proves to be best to increase the durability of this product.
In addition to this, a lid latch also comes in handy that allows you to travel with this masterpiece with ease.
A new digital Arc Controller is included in its specification that is provided with an intention to enable users to cook their food at a precise and controlled temperature, just like they have always desired.
This model also has a built-in warm mode, when your food is ready, you don’t need to take your food out quickly. Instead, turn the warm mode on, set the table first and then take your food out of this model.
For the price this electric smoker comes for, it can provide absolute value to your money!
- This product comes in wide dimensions to provide you with maximum cooking space.
- It’s easy to clean and maintain this electric smoker.
- Comes in handy with Advanced grill technology to enable the user to cook their food at their desired temperature.
- Comes with a premium and top-notch build.
- None to be found yet.
From getaways to game days, bringing wood-fired flavour along with you to the parties or musicals has never been difficult if you get your hands on this bad boy. Coming equipped with modern technology and specification, this Tailgater 20 can surely be the solution to your every smoky problem.
Coming in handy with a compact design, this tailgator doesn’t occupy a lot of user personal space, and hence can be fitted and operated even in small places.
This product also features a premium design that makes this product to be highly portable and be taken to wherever you want.
What counts as the best feature of this Tailgater 20 is that it comes equipped with 6 in 1 versatility, that proves to provide users with extreme food flavours, that you haven’t tasted before for sure.
To enhance the quality and output of this electric smoker, an advanced Traeger’s digital arc control is armed in this masterpiece, that allows the user to cook food with precision and set the temperature according to their personal preference.
This product will keep your food warm for a long time due to its thick outer layer, and hence provide you with an extreme value for your money.
- This model is known best to provide users with the best flavoury food ever.
- This product comes in wide dimensions to provide you with maximum cooking space.
- It’s easy to clean and maintain this electric smoker.
- The cooker timing lets you know when your food will get ready.
- If you have never worked with a smoker before, then this product can be hard to operate.
If you are seeking to pick a product that tends to be people’s favorite and comprise a global demand, then this product can be your viable pick.
As the goal of the company has always been straight forward, and they want to serve the locals with the best innovative smoker ever, this product is the best product they have produced so far.
With the precise temperature control technology, this product comes in handy with, it steps up the flavours of your food to another level.
In addition to that, this product comes in handy with 6 in 1 versatile grill, that provides you with an access to smoking, baking, roasting and braising with ease.
What counts as the best feature of this device is that, a built in wifi connectivity feature is present in this model, that allows users to control this grill from any part of their home. Moreover, who doesn’t like to add some music to the barbecue night?This can be done with this gadget easily.
With that being said, this product comes with wide dimensions, that it can store upto twenty four burgers, five rib backs and up to four chicken effectively. For the price this smoker comes with, you won’t find any other product like this ever.
- By getting your hands on this product, you will never touch gas or charcoal smokers again.
- Comes in handy with an inbuilt wifi technology, to enable cooking with fun.
- This product is especially built to allow users to cook large amounts of food at a time.
- Is known to be the best electric smoker in the market.
- The fuse of this electric smoker isn’t worth it.
Reasons to Own a Traeger Smoker:
- Convenience – Most grills that use charcoal and gas require checking from time to time. This is different from a Traeger smoker that works best when you smoke and cook over long periods. The temperature control allows you to set up a convenient period after which the food is ready.
- Versatility – Most Traeger grills allow for different types of cooking; roast, grill, bake, or braise.
- Ease of clean up – Traeger smokers are made of easy to clean grills that are time-saving. The wood pellets release small amounts of ash compared to charcoal grills, which helps to reduce the cleanup time.
- Great taste in meals – Traeger smokers allow you to change the flavor of your food by providing different pellets flavors like maple, cherry, mesquite, hickory, and oak.
- Ease of use – You don’t need to have any technical skills to use a smoker. They come with an electric auto-start ignition for easy cooking. There are little chances of getting hurt when using or refilling the wood pellets.
- Making large quantities of meals – Most Traeger smokers come with ample cooking space for preparing meals that can feed a lot of people.
- Temperature controls – One of the hardest challenges in grilling and smoking is how to regulate the heat for proper cooking without burning. You don’t have to worry about the temperature concerns when using a Traeger smoker. The smokers allow you to keep the temperature within a limited range. Some also come with internal probes for proper temperature control.
Things to Know Before Buying a Traeger Smoker:
- Portability – Grilling mostly happens outdoors, which involves a lot of movements. We encourage you to look for a smoker that has all-terrain wheels for easy movement.
- Cost – The different Traeger smokers come with varying price tags depending on features and other factors. When shopping for a smoker, ensure that the cost is not the leading point of buying. Most cheap smokers tend to be defective, and will not last long. It becomes costly in the long run.
- Construction – A smoker is an investment that should last for several years. Check out the materials used in its construction. Most durable smokers are made of stainless steel, with a powder coat finish.
- Temperature range – While most smokers provide for a temperature range of around 180 degrees to 425 degrees, a higher temperature range would mean a wider variety of food to cook. Higher temperatures will allow you to sear and smoke in direct heat for faster food preparations.
- Size of the cooking area – Traeger smokers come in different sizes, the same as pellets. Bigger smokers come with more significant cooking areas that hold a lot of food. Some of the main factors to consider when choosing the size of a smoker are; your family size and the cooking area.
- Features – Different Traeger smokers come with features and capabilities that make them stand out. Some of the popular features you need to look for in a smoker are; temperature control boards, meat probes, direct grilling options, and additional cooking racks and drawers.
- Personal preference – Out of the several smokers available, you should only settle for one that is right for you. Take your time to research, and then consider your family, cooking space, maintenance requirements, plus how you want to use the smoker. It helps you get the best.
Frequently Asked Questions:
This proves to be an end we suppose, however to wrap it all for you in much summarized version, compact electric smokers are a thing of the modern people who love to eat smoky flavored food and for the people who love to host bbq parties at their home.
Since the oversized electric smoker can’t be installed everywhere and consumes a lot of space, this little and tiny version of the smoker proves its worth against the big one, and has therefore managed to create quite a fandom of its own.
With that being said, the products mentioned above are tested and used by professionals, so you really don’t have to worry about anything while opting for them for your home.
In order to be sure that the product you are opting will suit best with your taste, you need to go with our buyer’s guide beforehand to avoid any type of inconvenience in the future.
Wrap up on Best Traeger Smoker
Now that you already have all the essential information about Traeger Smokers, we allow you to go ahead and settle for the best grill depending on your needs. The information and recommendations in this Traeger grill review will come in handy at your quest, for a suitable smoker.