If you are looking for a great way to smoke or cook meat, vegetables, and other bbq related foods, you might be considering to get a charcoal smoker.
There is a variety of such charcoal cooker along with charcoal grill available on the market. There could be a BBQ party coming up as the summer is around the corner and you might be craving for the perfect BBQ item!
At A Glance: Our Top 3 Best Electric Smokers
- Weber 14″ Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker OVERALL WINNER
- Realcook 17-inch Steel Charcoal Smoker RUNNER UP
- Dyna-Glo 36-inch Vertical Charcoal Smoker LARGE SMOKER
- 2 cooking racks for large cooking space.
- Removable doors for easy cleaning
- 453 square inches of grilling space.
- Hot or cold smoking capabilities
- Large 784 square inches of grilling space.
- 4 cooking racks to feed large parties
- 5 chrome plated cooking racks
- 1382 square inches of grilling space
- Porcelain-enameled lid to retain heat and prevent rust
- Quality constuction built by Weber
- Large 6 cooking grates for 1,890 square inches of grilling
- Offset smoker for easy cleanup
- 370 squar inches of grilling space
- Compact design for BBQ on the go
- 800 squar inches of BBQ space
- Wheels included for easy transportation
- Heats up quickly
- Digital temperature control
- 510 square inches of grilling space
- The dual air vent system
Best Charcoal Smoker Reviews:
Below is a guide for your reference that can help you in finding a suitable charcoal smoker. Read on for more information!
Available in a size of 14″ this particular smokey mountain charcoal smoker consists of two cooking grates.
Thus, it would be easy for you to cook two large items at the same time. For controlling the internal temperature of this smoker there are grommet monitors of silicone temperature.
There are two cooking racks that would let you cook with ease and you can use the dampers for controlling the temperature.
You can add wood and charcoal plus it would be easy as it has a fuel door that can easily come off!
The built-in thermometer is another suitable feature, the metal legs are designed to be rust-resistant.
The water pan is of an extra-large size that is of a suitable size to cook for the entire family.
Make sure you are aware of the safety warnings before using this product!
- Comes in Three Different Sizes.
- Assembling this Charcoal Smoker is rather simplistic and easy.
- Features an attractive design.
- Comes with a Lid that really feels useless.
This particular steel charcoal smoker available in 17 inches and black color can be a suitable addition for your outdoor cooking.
To provide a better temperature control there is an adjustable air supply on the lid.
There is a built-in thermometer as well! You can expect the charcoal pan and water pan are designed to be durable.
It has bakelite handles that are safe to move it from one place to another as these are heat resistant.
It allows you to use two access door one of which is suitable for adding the wood and charcoal while you can use the other to keep an eye on your food!
You can expect it to be stable because of the latch locking system plus, assembly would be easy.
You can use it for a variety of purposes!
The cooking space is 453 sq.inch. You can use two-piece cooking grids for outdoor cooking!
- This Charcoal Smoker comes with an integrated Thermometer.
- Provides a total of 453 Square Inches of cooking space.
- One of the most versatile products on the list.
- Since this product features a bottomless design, temperature control feels difficult.
This particular vertical charcoal smoker consists of 4 grates for cooking. So, if you have been looking for more grates, you can take a look at this one.
The cooking space is 784 sq.inch. Hence, you would be able to enjoy a large quantity of food!
There is a removable ask pan, charcoal grate, and a charcoal chamber.
If you want to add the flavor of smoke to your food, you can use a stainless temperature gauge which is with the smoke zone.
The cooking grates are height adjustable and if you are fond of smoke flavor in your food, this product would be suitable!
It has a double door design for efficient cooking.
- This Charcoal Smoker provides users with a lot of cooking space.
- Comes with 4 Cooking Racks.
- This Charcoal Smoker comes with features such as Charcoal Chamber, Charcoal grate, and a removable ash pan.
- The materials used are not of the best quality.
If you are looking for larger cooking space, you could consider this one! It offers a cooking space of 1382 sq. Inch.
It has five cooking grates and these are chrome-plated.
The handles are designed in such a way that it would be easy for you to check the food while it’s cooking.
This charcoal smoker can aid in giving a smoky flavor to your food.
The spring lid would allow you to check your food. Through the smoke zone, you would be able to get an idea about the suitable temperature for adding smoke flavor to the food.
It has steel wheels that can allow you to move it from one place to another.
It has sausage hooks, ash pan, analog temperature gauge, and so much more! But keep in mind you are not supposed to use it as a heater.
- Provides users with a lot of cooking space.
- This Charcoal smoker comes with 5 Chrome-plated Cooking Racks.
- Features a sturdy construction which makes it one of the most durable options on the list.
- It Takes some time to put this charcoal smoker together.
Available in a size of 18-inch this particular charcoal smoker can be your barbecue companion!
It can help you in enjoying your favorite barbecue items! The metal legs are rust-resistant and it has plated steel cooking grates.
The size would be large enough for your family plus, it has two cooking grates that can allow you to cook multiple items.
You can control the heat using the adjustable dampers. Do read the safety instructions before using such products.
Also be sure to register your smoker with the manufacture to receive warranty information.
- Comes with a Porcelain-enameled lid that allows this charcoal smoker to retain heat and prevent the product from rusting.
- Features a high-quality build.
- Comes with Features such as Water pan, thermometer which enhance the cooking experience.
- The Area feels limited.
This charcoal smoker lets you enjoy a cooking space of 1890 sq. Inch. You get 6 cooking grates so if you have been on the lookout for such a size, you could consider this one!
There is a charcoal grate, charcoal chamber, and removable ash pan that is included in the charcoal and ask the management system of this product.
Using this product, you would be able to cook food in an efficient manner. The ash pan would allow you to cook for hours!
- This is one of the largest cookers on the list.
- Offset smoker makes it easy for cleaning up after cooking.
- Vertical Design allows you to fit more meat.
- The design of this electric smoker is not the best.
This particular charcoal smoker is available in a size of 16 inches and has 2 cooking grates.
If you are looking for a small space, you might consider this as it has a cooking space of 370 sq. Inch.
The ash pan is removable hence, allowing you to clean it with ease.
You can expect it to be durable as it has a porcelain-coated body. This product is available with a warranty of one year so you can enjoy the perks of it!
It has an innovative air control system and it is designed to be durable. The temperature gauge is easy to read and it is mounted on the lid for you!
Using the five access doors, it would be easy to infuse smoke flavor.
- Provides ample amount of cooking space.
- Features a compact design which makes it perfect for BBQ on the go.
- The body has been coated with porcelain which accounts for added durability.
- The temperatures of this charcoal smokers are not stable.
Available in 30-inch, this BBQ charcoal grill and offset smoker appear quite unique.
However, it would be a suitable addition to your camping trip or any other outdoor activity where you want to enjoy the amazing flavors of BBQ.
The cooking space is 800 square inches, which would be enough for your family! However, this cooking space is divided.
For example, the main chamber is 483 square inch, side box is 183 square inches while the swing-away rack is 179 square inches.
The cooking grates are designed to be spacious that would allow you to cook with ease since it is designed in a way that it would be easy to clean.
Even the ash pan is removable, so you can easily take it out to remove the ash.
It has a variety of other features such as side air vent, access to the door, temperature gauge, and so much more!
You would be required to assemble it! It is portable.
- Offers a lot of cooking space to the users.
- This product comes with integrated wheels making this charcoal smoker portable.
- Comes with a Smoker and Charcoal grill, offering Dual Style BBQ.
- May face difficulty in managing the temperature.
This charcoal smoker grill is unique in the sense that it is a product of modern technology!
In just 7 minutes it can reach a temperature of 225 ℉ and if you are aiming for 700 ℉ then you can expect to reach it in 13 minutes.
It would be possible for you to control the cooking time using the digital control panel. It has a built-in temperature gauge.
The cooking space is 560 square inch and it includes cooking grates that would aid in cooking your BBQ item at a slow pace so that the end result is tender!
- This Charcoal Smoker heats pretty quickly.
- Comes with Digital Temperature control.
- Comes with wheels which make it easier for the users to move this charcoal smoker from one place to another,
- Some people have reported issues with the App.
The cooking space for this particular charcoal smoker is 510 square inches. There are two stainless steel racks of 18-inch.
It has a latching base so if you have been looking for such features, you might consider this one!
Setting it up would be easy for you but it doesn’t include the wood chunks and charcoal.
If you want easy access to water and fuel, you can use its vertical access side door.
Using it is easy, it’s portable, and has a height of 45-inch.
- Considering the size, the cooking space provided is pretty apt.
- Comes with a Dual Air vent system.
- Comes with a Latching Base.
- Not a good choice for cooking in larger quantities.
Best Charcoal Smokers – Buyer’s Guide:
When you are buying a charcoal smoker it is important to consider the following things in mind:
What is the Difference Between a Smoker and a Standard Grill?
There are a few differences that involve the cooking time, temperature, cuts of meat, and the addition of wood smoke to give more flavor.
A grill is a great choice for cooking smaller pieces of meat. These pieces may involve steaks, chops, chicken pieces, and veg.
A grill can cook such meats and other options very fast and ideally.
THe grills work between a temperature range of 400 to 550 Degree Fahrenheit.
This renders them be able to cook meat for a short period of time and any adding flavor through smoke is not possible.
A smoker, however, should be the choice if you are looking to cook large, chunky pieces of meat.
This may include whole birds, briskets, pork shoulders, and ribs.
The Smoker cooks the food very slowly and works between the temperature range of 90-300 Degree Fahrenheit.
The cooking process through smokers takes a lot of time and there is a possibility to add flavor using flavored wood pellets.
As for the similarities, both cooking options use common fuels and they both come with sitting on grates.
Difference Between A Charcoal Smoker vs An Electric Smoker vs A Propane Smoker:
If you are a huge fan of BBQ food then you might be interested in knowing the difference between such types.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here go all the best charcoal smokers that are available for purchase in the market right now.
Before buying a specific product, make sure that you go through the buyers guide section thoroughly to ensure that you are able to choose the best charcoal smoker for you.