Pizza ovens are equipment that specializes in cooking large quantities of pizza. Their design includes a flat stone beneath a dome that is made of bricks ceramic and clay that are designed to ensure that there is maximum heat retention. Most pizza ovens are usually powered by wood. However, some models are powered by gas. Heavy insulation on the stove is essential because it helps keep in the heat retention on the inside while at the same time, ensuring the outside remains cool. Currently, there are many types of pizza ovens available. They include concrete and ceramic. They are available both in circular and rectangular designs. Some manufacturers also offer custom-designed pizza ovens that fit the specific requirement of the user. With so many different options to pick from it may be hard for the average consumer to find the right one. We reviewed dozens of the top pizza ovens on the market today and came up with our top favorites.
Ooni 3 outdoor oven
- Ooni 3, our award-winning wood fired pizza oven, is one of the most innovative cooking gadgets in the pizza ovens world
- Perfect for your outdoor patio or garden, the Ooni 3 portable pizza oven cooks delicious pizzas in just 60 seconds
- Heats up to 932ºF in just 10 minutes and runs on energy-efficient, sustainably sourced wood pellets
There is a good reason why this award-winning firewood pizza oven in on top of our list. It is not only good looking, but it is also one of the best pizza cooking ovens on the market. It is ideal for people who are searching for an outdoor pizza oven that is strong and durable. This oven can heat up to 932 degrees F in just 10 minutes. This is incredible! In addition to cooking pizza, you can use this oven to prepare other meals such as roasted meat, vegetable, fish, bread, and much more. Ooni 3 outdoor oven is energy efficient. It is also lightweight and easy to use.
Napoli gas and wood fire pizza oven
- Authentic Gas, Charcoal, and Wood Fired Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven cooker
- Cook at over 930 degrees Fahrenheit (500 Celsius) with the Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Use Charcoal, Wood, Pellets or our Gas Burner Attachment(sold separately) for authentic wood fire and gas brick oven pizza
Second on our list, the Napoli gas and wood fire oven. The reason why this pizza oven has managed to clinch the second spot is because of its unique cooking abilities. First, this pizza oven can be powered by firewood and gas. This means that you have the freedom to choose the option that suits you. It also cooks fast (at over 930 degrees Fahrenheit). It can be used to cook a wide variety of foods, including vegetable fish, roasted meat and much more. It is extremely lightweight and portable, a factor that enables you to carry it easy. We recommend this pizza oven for anyone looking for a quality outdoor pizza oven.
Pizzarette pizza oven
- High power heating element means you are ready to cook in less than 5 minutes!
- Pizzas only take 5-10 minutes to cook! Short cooking times allow you to enjoy the conversation and quickly try a variety of different toppings & combinations for your very own mini pizzas!
- Dual heating elements above and below for fast and even cooking!
Do you wan to prepare a delicious pizza in less than 10 minutes? If yes then you won’t go wrong if you choose Pizzarette pizza oven. This is high power pizza oven can enable you prepare your favorite pizza in less then 10 minutes. It features a dual heating element below and above that enables fast and even cooking. The handmade terracotta dome is not only unique but it also helps to boost pizza flavor. This oven is also easy to clean and store
Ooni Koda pizza oven
- Ooni pizza ovens are designed for outdoor cooking and our new gas pizza oven - Ooni Koda - is the perfect outdoor oven
- Our Ooni pizza oven is much more than a pizza cooker - use your pizza ovens to roast meat, fish and vegetables
- Convenient: Ooni Koda can fire up in 15 minutes and cook 13" pizzas simply by turning a dial
You will fall in love with this oven the moment you lay your eyes on its. This is because if its unique design and exceptional performance. This pizza oven is designed for outdoor cooking. It is powered by gas. This oven can cook up to 13 pizzas in less than 20 minutes. That is incredible. The fact that it is powered by gas means that it heats up almost instantly. It is also well insulated, a factor that enables it to retain heat for long period of time even after gas has been turned off. In addition to cooking pizza, you can use this oven to cook vegetable, fish, meat and much more. We recommend this oven for any individual looking for an efficient gas-powered oven.
Pizzacraft PC6500 portable pizza oven
- Pre-heats to 700F in 15 minutes, pizza cooks in only 6 minutes
- Heat-diffusing pizza stone cooks crust evenly
- Domed lid deflects heat back on pizza, moisture vent prevents sogginess
If you are looking for a pizza oven that prepares pizza fast, then this is the ideal oven for you. Pizzacraft PC6500 can preheat up to 700F is less than 15 minutes and cooks pizza in less than 6 minutes. It features a heat diffusing stone that ensures that pizza is cooked evenly. Its unique dome usually reflects heat back on the pizza, enabling fast and even cooking. It also prevents sogginess. This oven is highly portable and lightweight
Camp chef pizza oven
- Double layered ceiling enhances heating dynamics, bakes like a brick oven
- Built-in valve ignition/micro-adjust valve give you total flame control
- Stainless steel construction is easy to clean
The camp chef pizza oven features a double-layered ceiling that helps to enhance heat retention. This oven is ideal for people who are looking for quality but portable outdoor pizza oven. It features a double wall and well-ventilated door that helps to boost heat retention and even cooking. The cordierite ceramic that it features help to mimic the cooking property of a wood fired brick oven. It also contains a built ignition valves that allows you to control the oven temperatures. A one-pound propane bottle powers the oven. We recommend this oven especially for people who love camping and hiking.
Ooni por pizza oven
- Ooni Pro is our larger portable oven and is one of the most innovative cooking gadgets in outdoor cooking
- Our outdoor pizza ovens are the perfect edition to your outdoor kitchen - cooking delicious pizza in just 60 seconds
- Fast and Flexible: Heats up to 932ºF in just 20 minutes and runs on wood, charcoal, pellets and gas**
This pizza oven is not unique but it is also powerful. It is perfect for outdoor kitchen and can cook delicious pizza in just 60 seconds. it is ideal for cooking roasted meat and cooking 16-inch pizzas. Its highly insulated steel body not only ensures that heat is distributed evenly but also ensures that there is maximum heat retention
ROCCBOX portable pizza oven
- A PREMIUM, PORTABLE FIRE AND STONE PIZZA OVEN - reaching high temperatures of over 932ºF to give you the ideal balance of thin base and perfectly puffed up, charred artisan crust - in just 60...
- READY TO GO - with inbuilt thermometer, retractable legs and detachable dual-fuel burners Roccbox is easy to transport and set up- just click the switch and start cooking!
- SUPPLIED WITH BOTH WOOD & GAS BURNERS - allowing you the option of traditional pizza, or convenience.
If you are searching for a premium portable pizza oven, then this is the right oven for you. This oven can reach temperatures of up to 932 F in one minute. Its outer body is made of silicone skin that helps to reduce dangers of skin burns. It also features an in-built thermometer detachable fuel burners and dual fuel burner.
How does a pizza oven work?
I once thought that the principle of a pizza oven is very complicated. However, that is not the case. A wood fire is lit on the side, center, and back of the oven. The inner dome of the oven heats up the inner hearth area, they are both heavily insulated, a factor that enables them to retain a lot of heat even after heat supply is cut off. A good oven also ensures that the heat is distributed evenly between 300 and 400 degrees for a long period for even cooking. The amount of time that the oven will take to heat largely depends on its size. This means that larger sized pizza ovens take a longer period to heat up than small-sized oven. A well-balanced pizza oven is critical for even cooking. Residential pizza ovens are quite different from the commercial pizza oven. In most cases, residential pizza ovens are usually used in short bursts, while commercial pizza ovens usually take time before they attain the required heat. As a result, most of them usually heat in the first week then stay that way for their entire lifetime.
Reasons why you should own a pizza oven
- They can be used for multiple purposes
One of the main reasons why you need to buy a pizza oven is because it can be used for various purposes. Most people usually think pizza ovens are only used for cooking pizza. Yes, the primary goal is to prepare pizza. However, you can use this equipment to also make other foods such as baking bread, roasting meat, and cooking vegetables, among many other things. In other words, you can use your pizza ovens for cooking almost anything that you desire. As for my case, I usually use my pizza oven to prepare bread for my family.
- It helps to lower your energy cost
Are you tired of incurring huge energy costs? If yes, then a pizza oven can help reduce your electricity bill drastically. Statistics show that cooking is the biggest consumer of energy. So, if you cut cooking out, then you will lower your energy bill drastically. One of the most significant benefits of owning an oven is that it helps to reduce the energy cost. While pizza oven use fire wood to generate energy, one great thing about them is that they are incredibly energy efficient. This means that a small amount of wood can do a lot. If you compare the cost of using a pizza oven versus using electricity and gas, then you will discover that using a pizza oven is by far much cheaper.
- It gives you the convenience that you need
Another reason why you need to buy a pizza oven is that it gives you the freedom that you need. When you have a pizza oven at your home, you can prepare your pizza any time that you want, including in the middle of the night. One thing that I like about having a pizza oven around is that I can prepare delicious pizza to my family when I feel like it. It also allows me to make pizza as per my specifications.
Things to know before buying a pizza oven
Are you planning to buy a pizza oven? If yes, then you are making the right decision. However, before you go to the market to purchase one, there are some things that you need to know. In this section, we are going to discuss the thing that you need to know before you buy a pizza oven.
- Consider your budget
The first thing that you need to consider is the budget. If you don’t want to spend more money than what you want to, it is essential to come up with a budget. Going to the market without a reasonable budget is often disastrous. Like in my case, I bought my first pizza oven at a price that was higher than what I wanted to spend because I did not have a budget. Having a budget is very important because it helps you stay within your limits. A reasonable budget also enables you to conduct research before you make your final decision, a factor that allows you to get value for your hard-earned money.
- Consider size
Pizza ovens are available in different sizes. The size of the pizza oven that you choose should depend on what you are planning to use it for. For instance, if you are planning to use the pizza oven for commercial purposes, then you should buy a large oven that can cook many pizzas at the same time. On the other hand, if you are planning to use it in your home, then you should buy a small-sized pizza oven.
- Consider features of the oven
Just like other types of oven, pizza oven features differ. Some have more features than others. It is, therefore, essential to sit down and determine the features that are important to you. For instance, if you want a pizza oven that keeps food warm for an extended period, even when heat supply is cut off, then you should buy one that has a sabbath mode. Only buy a pizza oven that has the features that you are looking for.