Looking for Masterbuilt electric smoker parts?
Below you will find common electric smoker replacement parts for Masterbuilt smokers as well as other brands.
Keeping your electric smoker in good condition is VERY IMPORTANT.
That means they have to be made with good quality materials and every electric smoker needs to provide you a safe environment for preparing food.
You must always be sure to clean and care for it properly to allow for a longer span between getting replacement parts, as needed.
That is why every electric smoker part has to be good and durable but to know a thing or two about electric smoker parts we have to tear the smoker down.
Now, I don’t want to do that literally because I don’t want to ruin a perfectly fine electric smoker but I will do it in theory.
I will take as many electric smoker parts as I can and I will show you what each of them means, what it does, and do you need it or not.
That is the best way to learn more about electric smoker parts and elements most electric smoker has to have.
Basic Electric Smoker Parts:
Here’s a quick look at some of the important electric smoker parts.
Wood Chips Smoker Box
Water Bowl Liner for Masterbuilt Smokers
Universal Replacement Electric Heating Element Smoker
Universal Water Pan
Masterbuilt Rack Kit
BBQ Gasket & Adhesive Smoker Lid Door Tape
When you look at any electric smoker you can see that you can divide it into basic parts.
Every electric smoker on the planet consists of a smoking chamber, electric smoker heating element, wood chip tray, smoker drip pan, and smoker racks.
The smoking chamber is the most important smoking element and the biggest.
It is a chamber where smoking occurs and every other part of the electric smoker is in that chamber.
Well, most of them because there are electric smokers designs that have external smoking drip pans.
Every electric smoker chamber must be made from well-insulated materials with doors that fit perfectly.
That way you can avoid losing heat and smoke through small holes between the doors and the cabinet or through the entire cabinet if it is not made with well-insulated materials.
Most electric smoker chambers are made from stainless steel or other good quality metal from the outside and stainless steel and porcelain-coated metal from the inside.
Those materials are easy to clean and have good insulating properties.
The size of the smoking chamber depends on your needs and desires so you have to be aware that you can choose the size of the smoker you want.
- This is one of the easiest parts of the Electric smoker when it comes to Cleaning and maintaining.
- This is the most important part of the smoker as it Responsible for smoking the food.
- The smoking chamber is responsible for insulating heat inside the system.
- Comes in various sizes so make sure that you get the right one for your smoker.
The electric heating element is the power source and the heat source of every electric smoker.
They are mostly located at the bottom of the smoker but some electric smoker models have them all around the chamber’s walls.
Depending on the size and the model of the smoker, it can have one or two heating elements.
Just like the number of the electric smoker elements, the strength of the smoker heating element is also adjustable to the size of the smoker.
There are electric smokers with 250-watt heating elements and there are electric smokers with 1500 watt heating elements for the smoker, plus everything between those values.
If you have a small electric smoker you don’t need the 1500 watt heating element for the smoker because it can dry your meat during the smoking process.
The small electric smoker will do just fine with weaker heating elements because there is a smaller amount of meat to cook and a smaller room for smoke in the smoker.
Keep in mind that you choose the smoker with the smoking element that is adjusted to the size of the smoker.
Depending on the model you can get an electric smoker heating element with the thermostat or a smoker heating element with a temperature controller.
Those smokers usually don’t have a temperature gauge or thermostat so you control the temperature in the smoker with the controller on the electric smoker heating element.
- Most of the heating elements of the electric smokers happen to be adjustable.
- This component is one of the most important parts as it is responsible for providing heat to the smoker.
- They are located at the bottom of the smoker which makes them be able to perfectly cook the food.
- Make sure to choose the heating element according to the model of your electric smoker.
The wood chip tray is the smoking tray of every smoker.
It is usually located above the electric heating element and below the smoker racks and it is made to hold wood chips that produce smoke and give the meat that smokey flavor.
If you are looking for an electric smoker that will ease the smoking process for you, then you should get a smoker with a big chip tray because you can put more wood chips inside.
But, don’t put too much because you will end up with overly smoked meat.
Look for a removable chip tray because that will help you during cleaning.
It is very easy to clean the smoker after smoking if you can remove the chip tray, and for example, a smoker water pan.
That little feature can cut your cleaning time in half so I think it is a pretty important part.
Also, there is one other thing you should consider and it is attached to the chip tray.
It is connected to the way you load wood chips in the chip tray. If you want the meat to become delicious you should gradually add wood chips during smoking.
But, you have to do that with minimum heat and smoke loss.
So, because of that, buy a smoker that has additional doors (very small opening) for the wood chips. It means that you don’t have to open the big doors to add wood chips.
You can only open that small doors and you will lose a small amount of heat and smoke which is great for your meat.
- If done right, the Wood Pellets tray can be the easiest component to clean when it comes to cleaning your electric smokers.
- This component is responsible for storing wood pellets that in turn, produce smoke for the smoker to smoke.
- Most of the Electric Smokers come with a removable wood tray.
- This makes it easier for the users to be able to clean the smokers.
- You have to make sure that you add in the right amount of wood chips so you don’t end up overcooking your food.
The smoker drip pan is one of the 3 pans you will find in your smoker and this one isn’t actually doing anything to enhance the flavor, it is actually collecting grease that falls during the smoking process.
The smoker drip pan isn’t an obligatory part of every electric smoker which means that there are smokers that don’t have them, but I would recommend you get the electric smoker with one, it will make your life easier.
You don’t want to clean everything greasy after smoking and that will probably happen if you don’t have a smoker drip pan.
As you can assume, the smoker drip pan is the dirtiest part of the electric smoker which is good to get the smoker with a removable smoker drip pan and preferably dishwasher friendly.
That way you don’t have to clean it for hours all you need to do is remove the excess grease and put it in the dishwasher.
- Not having a Smoker Pan WIll make it a lot difficult for you to clean the rest of the electric smoker.
- Although Having Smoker Drip Pan is no help in cooking, it certainly comes helpful when it comes to cleaning and maintaining the electric smoker.
- Smoker Drip is responsible for collecting all the grease that is due from cooking which ensures that any of your components is not affected by grease.
- Since Drip Pan collects grease from the smoker, it happens to be one of the most stubborn and the most difficult parts to clean.
Last but not least of all pans and trays in the smoker is the smoker water pan.
Just like the drip pan, the smoker water pan in the smoker isn’t necessary, but, it will enhance the flavor of the meat you are smoking.
Some electric smokers have smoker water pan and drip pan in one which means that the grease from meat falls in the smoker water pan.
That is not the best idea especially if you want to use the grease later as the sauce or something like that.
It is important to have a removable and dishwasher-safe smoker water pan because it is easier to clean it, especially if it is a drip and water pan in one.
Read the paragraph above for an explanation.
There is one type of electric smoker that uses water in the smoking process and it is called electric water smoker.
Those smokers have big water pans that are filled with water and they use them to make the meat juicy and tasty.
So, if you want you can read more about electric water smokers in my post.
- They are a necessary component for Water Electric Smokers.
- A lot of people say that this component is not important but if you are looking to add additional flavor to your food, then this is one of the most important components.
- Just like the previously mentioned component, this component also makes it easier for the users to clean their smokers.
- Since it collects all the grease, it is not a great choice if you are planning on using grease as a sauce.
6. Smoker Racks
There are different types of smoker racks and the most popular one is the basic smoker where you put most meat.
It looks like the rack you have in the oven and it has to be removable.
Basic smoker racks come with every electric smoker and other types only with special models, but most of the time you have to order them separately.
Other types are, for example, rib racks for the smoker or jerky racks for smokers.
They are used for smoking ribs or jerky because of their shape. Smoker racks aren’t the only thing you can put in the smoker.
You can have hangers that are used for smoking sausages or jerky and baskets and a special smoke shelf used for vegetables and seafood.
As you can see you can smoke any type of food in the smoker and if you aren’t sure about that, check out what smoker racks you can get for the smoker.
If the smoker comes with basic racks and seafood racks, it is logical that it is made for smoking both.
- The racks are chrome-plated which ensures that they are prone to rust and add great flavor to your cooking.
- The Smoker Racks are one of the most essential parts when it comes to adding additional cooking space to your smoker.
- They prove essentially handy for people that have small smokers.
- Smoker Racks happen to be one of the most durable components of Electric Smoker as they also happen to be Weather-resistant.
- If you don’t clean or maintain them, they are likely to wear out rather quickly.
Additional Electric Smoker Parts:
Basic smoker parts are parts that make one electric smoker a good smoker.
But, additional electric smoker parts are parts that you can add to your smoker to make it work better or provide you better smoking experience in any way.
We all know that there are times when you can’t find a product that suits you 100%.
So, if you have found an electric smoker that works for you 80% and you really like it you can add that 20 % with additional smoker parts.
I am here to show you what are parts you can add to your smoker to improve it.
The smoker door seal is a great way to make your old electric smoker work like the day you bought it.
If you have a smoker that heats perfectly but you noticed that the doors don’t work like they used to due to usability, I suggest you try with the smoker door seal.
The smoker door seal is actually a smoker gasket that can close the doors so that anything can leave.
The smoker door gasket works easily, most of the time you just have to fix it to the doors, but that depends on the smoker sealant you use.
With this smoker sealant, you can go back to the air-tight smoker that smokes like it did the moment you bought it.
This smoker sealant doesn’t work only on old smokers. If you are satisfied with your smoker but the doors just don’t work properly, use a smoker door gasket.
You don’t have to buy other smokers if you are satisfied with this one. It is a cheap solution that can improve your electric smoker.
- One of the best components to ensure that the smoker works perfectly in the long run.
- This is one of the most necessary components when it comes to ensuring that an electric smoker can contain heat perfectly.
- Unlike the other components, the installation process of this component is rather easy.
- Only works on the door, so it is an additional part.
Some smokers don’t have a smoker thermostat, but only a smoker temperature gauge.
Those smokers are usually analog electric smokers which are simple to use and don’t have any additional parts.
Analog smokers are great smokers and the best way to improve them is to get a smoker temperature control system.
That can be a wireless thermostat, meat probe, or just a basic smoker thermostat you can put in your smoker so you can have good smoker temperature control.
Smoker thermostats are great because you can use them no matter if you have a built-in smoker thermostat or not, you can easily install them on your smoker and you don’t have to use them at all times.
If you are not a fan of the smoker temperature control system, you don’t have to use them at all but I do suggest you use meat probes during smoking, especially if you are smoking large chunks of meat.
- Thermostats can be used regardles if you have integrated thermostat or not.
- If you want an electric smoker that offers you the optimum level of comfort, then this happens to be a must-have.
- Analog Controls allow the users be able to control the temperature of the Smoker.
- A lot of temperature readings giving by many units are unreliable.
Cold smoker attachment is a cold smoke generator made for cold smoking.
The main difference between cold and hot smoking is that in the hot smoking heating element, wood chips and meat are in the same chamber.
The cold smoking requires you to separate the meat from the heating element and wood chips which means you have to push the smoke in the chamber with the meat.
The best cold smoke generator is from Masterbuilt and it is made to fit on every Masterbuilt electric smoker that has a side wood chip loader.
Other cold smoke generators are universal but they require drilling with some models of electric smokers.
If you are interested to learn more about cold smoke generators, I suggest you read my post about Cold electric smokers.
- For people that want to have the ability to cold smoking meat, then this is the best option.
- Provides continuous smoke which makes the users offer the optimum taste.
- This Electric Smoker accessory automatically heats wood chips just by the press of a button.
- Some Cold smoking attachments require to be drilled before they can be used!
How to Choose the Best Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Parts? – A Buyer’s Guide:
Now that we have mentioned all the important replacements and highlighted all the options with the best prices on the market.
There are some things that you must know about to be able to choose the best-replacing component for your electric smoker.
Keeping the facts laid out above, here are the things that you must be on the lookout for to ensure that you buy the right component for your electric smoker.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Surely, masterbuilt products are one of the best products in the market.
With that being said, you cannot expect any product to last a lifetime and it must give out sometime.
If your electric smoker is dying out, this article includes all the necessary replacement parts that you can get for your Masterbuilt smoker to keep it going strong!